NFL Draft, Free Agency and Other Offseason Stuff

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
stricken

Re: NFL Draft, Free Agency and Other Offseason Stuff

Postby stricken » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:21 am

I know there are a few eagles fans here and i want to congratulate you on acquiring a real good offensive coordinator. Frank Reich was a solid QB and has a good head on his shoulders. With a couple breaks he will be a head coach one day.

23atwell

Postby 23atwell » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:03 am

Maybe he can be there qb too, its always tough on a team when someone has to goggle who there qb is, Bradford :?
Im going to sit right here until I die

skip

Postby skip » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:57 pm

stricken wrote:I know there are a few eagles fans here and i want to congratulate you on acquiring a real good offensive coordinator. Frank Reich was a solid QB and has a good head on his shoulders. With a couple breaks he will be a head coach one day.

That's the same story the organization and local media are telling, so the pressure's really on the next 2 years. The Eagles have 3 former QB coaches with good pedigrees on their staff: Doug Pederson, Frank Reich, and John DeFilipo. The way the GM has set things up really seems to be counting on them having a lot of success with the QBs and the offense. The Eagles are usually really good at not having salary cap problems, but they're already committed to $187 million next year, which is somewhere around $25 million over the projected cap. Bradford counts as $22 million next year. I think the GM Roseman is counting on these 3 offensive minds making the most of Bradford this year so they can trade him for something instead of just cutting him, and also making sure Wentz progresses enough to be a capable starter the following year. Their QBs are the story the next 2 years, so these 3 QB coaches need to deliver. If Bradford sucks this year and Wentz doesn't pan out next year, these guys are probably done, in Philly anyway. That's a lot of pressure, but most of it's probably on Pederson, not Reich or DeFilippo. All 3 are here to help though.

And I know nobody feels bad for Bradford, but I do. He's learning his 5th new offense in 7 years this year, and he'll probably be learning his 6th next year no matter how well he does. If he does well this year, he'll be traded for value, and if he does poorly, he'll be cut. I think he'll do well like he did the 2nd half of last season and have the team competing to win their bad division. Then he'll get traded for whatever they can get, and Wentz will take over. But, I'm always an optimist, so we'll see.

23atwell

Postby 23atwell » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:13 pm

Great observation Skip. Im kinda pulling for all the qb that have been backups or just have performed well. Im tired of hearing about Rogers, Brady, Romo...... Alot of pressure on the Raiders to make the playoffs here.
Im going to sit right here until I die

Denver Man

Postby Denver Man » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:29 pm

skip wrote:
Denver Man wrote:Come on football season.

So how's Sanchez doing out there? Is Lynch winning the job?

Went to Broncos Training Camp yesterday. Totally awesome. But from what I saw, it's Sanchez or bust cuz Lynch has a ways to go :crossed The Defense however .... Oh my!! :shock: :D
I went walking out last summer
Trying to find a breath of air
I went walking on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there

skip

Postby skip » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:07 pm

Denver Man wrote:
skip wrote:
Denver Man wrote:Come on football season.

So how's Sanchez doing out there? Is Lynch winning the job?

Went to Broncos Training Camp yesterday. Totally awesome. But from what I saw, it's Sanchez or bust cuz Lynch has a ways to go :crossed The Defense however .... Oh my!! :shock: :D

Oh sure, rub our noses in your defense. ;)

Seems like Lynch has been getting some good press the last few days. Had me worried Sanchez was getting beat out.

Denver Man

Postby Denver Man » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:38 pm

^^I can never trust the media, it seems like they will create controversy when there isn't any. So I wanted to see for myself. I personally don't think Lynch is ready. But I heard he looked good in practice today. He runs the bootleg better than Sanchez, which I could see being the case. Kubiak loves the QB doing boots sooooooo who knows....

stricken

Postby stricken » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:55 am

Denver Man wrote:^^I can never trust the media, it seems like they will create controversy when there isn't any. So I wanted to see for myself. I personally don't think Lynch is ready. But I heard he looked good in practice today. He runs the bootleg better than Sanchez, which I could see being the case. Kubiak loves the QB doing boots sooooooo who knows....
u

Not to rain on the denver parade but a warning. Mark Sanchez is a Brain dead jock who cant read a defense and loves to throw into double coverage. he cant run with the ball unless he is running the wrong direction. This may seem harsh but its the truth.
I know for a fact i can still throw a decent enough pass and i sure wouldnt throw into double coverage. And i can identify a blitz or stunts with ease. Thats what separates the men from the boys.

Denver Man

Postby Denver Man » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:08 am

Trust me man, not many in Denver are too high on Sanchez.

skip

Postby skip » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:12 pm

Denver Man wrote:Trust me man, not many in Denver are too high on Sanchez.

Hope everyone enjoyed his interception in the endzone the other day in training camp. That's life with Mark Sanchez unfortunately.

But, with a lot of help from the D, maybe this is his year.

Return to “General Discussion”