NFL Draft, Free Agency and Other Offseason Stuff

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
Denver Man

NFL Draft, Free Agency and Other Offseason Stuff

Postby Denver Man » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:10 pm

Ok things are just getting crazy in football land!

At least now the silly little rumor floating around Denver to trade Vonn Miller for the #2 pick in this year's draft can go away. :roll:

What if Wentz and Goff are busts? :rofl

What's going on with your team? :cheer:
I went walking out last summer
Trying to find a breath of air
I went walking on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there

Denver Man

Re: NFL Draft, Free Agency and Other Offseason Stuff

Postby Denver Man » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:30 pm

The Jets were supposed to sign Hoyer! Now he's coming to Denver to visit. :doh :hand

Denver Man

Postby Denver Man » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:11 pm

Wow the Panthers rescind the franchise tag on Josh Norman :think

23atwell

Postby 23atwell » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:59 pm

Well, DM. The Raiders need Norman and should do anything they can to get him. We did make alot of good moves that I believe will get us to the playoffs, maybe. We did get screwed with the schedule. We open on the road for the first three games against the saints, falcons, titans. Then we go to mexico. Picking up some linemen and come corners is going to help alot. Im hoping we hit in the draft too.

Those eagles and titans got a shit load back from those picks. Im looking forward to seeing how RG3 plays. I still think Kap is going to get traded, probably on draft day. There been alot of action this off season. Makes thing more exciting.
Im going to sit right here until I die

SunshineSue

Postby SunshineSue » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:31 pm

You could do worse than a Spartan QB like Hoyer in Denver! I'm glad we picked up Marvin Jones, but I'm waiting to see if the Lion's actually made some good moves picking up Kerley at WR and Steven Ridley at running back, it would be nice to have a real offense. Hopefully, at least part of the team will stay healthy this year, too. Going to miss Calvin, no matter what!! :think

Come on, August!!! :cheer:

darryl dunphy

Postby darryl dunphy » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:33 pm

..The Dolphins will continue to stink this year. Hopefully whoever they draft is a part to the greater piece of the puzzle for the future. The FO blew it this year by restructuring Suh's deal. Now we are stuck with that absurd contract for the next 4 years. We blew it by not trading Vernon last year when it was clear he would not resign. And we are hitching our wagons to Ryan Tannehill to be the savior of the franchise...Things are a bit askew in Dolphinland, they would never admit to it. But this is a rebuild under the cloak of a competitive team.
It's Summertime. Ditch the waders and set the fuc$^& hook!!!

Denver Man

Postby Denver Man » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:35 pm

SunshineSue wrote:You could do worse than a Spartan QB like Hoyer in Denver! I'm glad we picked up Marvin Jones, but I'm waiting to see if the Lion's actually made some good moves picking up Kerley at WR and Steven Ridley at running back, it would be nice to have a real offense. Hopefully, at least part of the team will stay healthy this year, too. Going to miss Calvin, no matter what!! :think

Come on, August!!! :cheer:

We could do worse than Hoyer? How low are we reaching here? :lol:

Calvin Johnson retiring is an absolute shock.

Denver Man

Postby Denver Man » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:40 pm

darryl dunphy wrote:..The Dolphins will continue to stink this year. Hopefully whoever they draft is a part to the greater piece of the puzzle for the future. The FO blew it this year by restructuring Suh's deal. Now we are stuck with that absurd contract for the next 4 years. We blew it by not trading Vernon last year when it was clear he would not resign. And we are hitching our wagons to Ryan Tannehill to be the savior of the franchise...Things are a bit askew in Dolphinland, they would never admit to it. But this is a rebuild under the cloak of a competitive team.

I want to personally thank the Dolphins for beating the evil Patriots to give Denver the #1 seed. :waving

Equinox

Postby Equinox » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:50 pm

Apparently the Eagles are going for one of the two available QBs. They traded all sorts of prime future draft picks to the Browns for the number two overall pick in this year's draft. Only time will tell if it's a good move. But if we're going anywhere we need a franchise quarterback. Haven't had one since we traded McNabb in 2010. We'll see...
"Got any nails?"

"No!"

"Got any flies?"

SunshineSue

Postby SunshineSue » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:57 am

On a related note, the schedule for next year is out. Looks like it's another year where the NFL gets New Year's Day, since it's on Sunday. Guess instead of enjoying the college bowl games, I'll get to enjoy the Lions taking down the Packers to end the regular season and start the new year on a good note!! I just know the Lions are headed for the Super Bowl this year, and I won't think differently until at least September!! :mrgreen:

Return to “General Discussion”