Weather Report.....Sweet?!

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
Molly Leigh

Re: Weather Report.....Sweet?!

Post by Molly Leigh » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:36 pm

Looking forward to a vid.
Sitting on the front porch here in Colorado Springs. We always have a period of summer or at least spring in Feb.
I am full weight bearing on my broken leg today. I'm rather apprehensive, but seems to have improved throughout the day.

Denver Man

Post by Denver Man » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:52 am

We went from above average with precipitation to now entering a drought in the span of a couple weeks. Luckily the mountains are still getting hit hard with snow but the low lands are all but dried up and catching on fire for crying out loud. Hoping we get back to more seasonal weather, this 75 degree stuff in February is not good.
Couple shots of whiskey women around here start looking good

Griff

Post by Griff » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:06 pm

Spaced on the vid, here ya go.......a winter wonderland in Crested Butte last weekend:

https://vimeo.com/203960964

strangerinboulder

Post by strangerinboulder » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:13 am

With March being our snowiest month, we have yet to receive any. And nothing even resembling inclimate weather through Wednesday of next week. On tap for the 70's for that timeline, with 80's forecast for this weekend. All of you had Stella knock on your door, stay warm, + be safe

Denver Man

Post by Denver Man » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:59 am

strangerinboulder wrote:With March being our snowiest month, we have yet to receive any. And nothing even resembling inclimate weather through Wednesday of next week. On tap for the 70's for that timeline, with 80's forecast for this weekend. All of you had Stella knock on your door, stay warm, + be safe
I'd take that Nor easter any day of the week. We're all dried out and it's not even spring yet. I hope it doesn't turn into one of "those" summers again. :?

strangerinboulder

Post by strangerinboulder » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:55 am

Denver Man wrote:
strangerinboulder wrote:With March being our snowiest month, we have yet to receive any. And nothing even resembling inclimate weather through Wednesday of next week. On tap for the 70's for that timeline, with 80's forecast for this weekend. All of you had Stella knock on your door, stay warm, + be safe
I'd take that Nor easter any day of the week. We're all dried out and it's not even spring yet. I hope it doesn't turn into one of "those" summers again. :?
Hopefully we'll get our two footer at months end. Don't want to relive the summer of '12 again

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:57 pm

Stella has broken records eclipsing the blizzard of '93 as far as total accumulation, EVERYTHING in eastern PA, NJ, most of NY, CT and MA is closed, roads unpassable, gonna be a fun one to ride out. Even my normally reliable 4wd Toyota SUV got stuck on my unplowed street today. Hope everyone else is well :) :crossed :thumbsup
Smell Every Flower

Denver Man

Post by Denver Man » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:26 pm

Kevin wrote:Stella has broken records eclipsing the blizzard of '93 as far as total accumulation, EVERYTHING in eastern PA, NJ, most of NY, CT and MA is closed, roads unpassable, gonna be a fun one to ride out. Even my normally reliable 4wd Toyota SUV got stuck on my unplowed street today. Hope everyone else is well :) :crossed :thumbsup
Dang!

alilfurther

Post by alilfurther » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:20 pm

stella was not kind

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:47 pm

The amount and speed of Stella surprised us. It was CO like weather as far as density and fast falling snow.
It's also been 36 hours of people helping each other and truly trying to be neighborly. A few reports of people losing their cool, but all in all most people realize we're all in the same temporary shit show :o :o

:grouphug :smileys-passing-joint :smokesmile
Smell Every Flower