This Tour

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
Boxorain

This Tour

Postby Boxorain » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:24 am

Is superb. Continuing to let it percolate and grow. Aggressively taking it to a galaxy far far away while delicately bringing along the likes of Miles and Coltrane.
Beautiful stuff
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

MontrealJared

Re: This Tour

Postby MontrealJared » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:42 pm

Boxorain wrote:Is superb. Continuing to let it percolate and grow. Aggressively taking it to a galaxy far far away while delicately bringing along the likes of Miles and Coltrane.
Beautiful stuff

I was going to ask you how you enjoyed night 2 Boston but I think I got my answer.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you.

Equinox

Postby Equinox » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:27 pm

That's the impression I got in Philly.
"Got any nails?"

"No!"

"Got any flies?"

Griff

Postby Griff » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:11 pm

Agreed, so far a good one. But I was in Chicago for the end of Summer and this is just a continuation.

Just so much fun!!!!

:grouphug

SunshineSue

Postby SunshineSue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:17 pm

John sure seems to like it, and I know I sure like what I've heard and I'm looking forward to my turn on Friday!! :dance

Boxorain

Postby Boxorain » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:49 pm

Wholeheartedly agree with John...loved the other tours but This Tour is Definetly THAT Tour. Totally different level...

Boxorain

Postby Boxorain » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:27 am

After seeing half the shows so far and listening to the other half...few thoughts:

Every song is different. All of them. From Loose Lucy / MAMU to a Dark Star / Other One. Different take on the entire catalog. Seeing it's 2017 and not 1977, this is very much appreciated :guitarred

There's an obvious passing of the torch taking place right before our eyes. Oteil and John taking the baton and running with it. Vocally like with Ship of Fools and musically on damn near every other tune. I've never seen Jeff smile so much...he's gotta be digging the challenge of the change. John taking the framework of the tune and just completely moving it somewhere else while honoring the nuts and bolts...incredible feat really

Several times I've heard people comment during the show about how they look at Bob now and all they see is Jerry. Hard not to notice the obvious traits but in Hartford I really noticed the subtle resemblances...right down to some of the facial expressions. At one point Bobby's face was on the big screen mid vocalizing and the dude next to me goes, "wow, it's Jerry". I'd be lying if I didn't admit to thinking the exact thought at the exact moment. WEIRd stuff indeed

Bobby is healthy and sober. Hair combed with a clean set of clothes lol. wonder if John's sobriety is a little more than coincidental. It's nice to see. Vocally strong as ever. Musically challenging himself and doing new things at 71. Top of his game. Good stuff

It's not far fetched to say in the not too distant future DeadCo will be John, Jeff, Oteil and three other cats...glad to see em soaking it all in.

Bravo to the whole crew :guitarred

Denver Man

Postby Denver Man » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:11 am

What do you mean by Bob is Jerry now? He looks like him? Just wondering...

I remember kinda thinking that in 2003 at red rocks. I hadn't seen Bob in a few years and he comes out on the stage with greying hair and a big ol beard. But I haven't really thought that way since then :think
I went walking out last summer
Trying to find a breath of air
I went walking on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there

23atwell

Postby 23atwell » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:15 am

Tour has sounded so freaking exciting, cant for them to come to the bay area, oh wait :cry:
Im going to sit right here until I die

Boxorain

Postby Boxorain » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:52 pm

Denver Man wrote:What do you mean by Bob is Jerry now? He looks like him? Just wondering...

I remember kinda thinking that in 2003 at red rocks. I hadn't seen Bob in a few years and he comes out on the stage with greying hair and a big ol beard. But I haven't really thought that way since then :think

Yeah DM, the resemblances in appearance at quick glance. White hair, beard, black shirt, glasses and now the face detailing the roadmap of the mileage, not so much the age. I've heard people say it sporadically over the years but I never really noticed it until one particular instance at the Hartford show. I say this in a positive way...gave me a warm and fuzzy. Personally, I haven't seen Bob look this healthy and on top of his game since 10'/11' Furthur :guitarred

Return to “General Discussion”