Questions? Comments? Problems? Post them here

User avatar
Chester
Site Admin
Posts: 9100
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:37 pm

Questions? Comments? Problems? Post them here

Postby Chester » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:08 pm

Any questions? Positive suggestions, or general comments about the site are welcome here.
If you experience a problem with anything, please post it here, so we can address it, or feel free to email us.

If you're having trouble registering or have any general questions about Terrapin Nation, please contact us at board@terrapinnation.net

If you have any technical problems or receive any error messages, please contact the webmaster at webmaster@terrapinnation.net

Thank you.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
Don't make no difference to me.

User avatar
Kevin
Posts: 1237
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:37 pm
Location: Northeast PA Enjoy, Enjoy !!!

Re: Questions? Comments? Problems? Post them here

Postby Kevin » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:42 pm

We need a "thank you" tab if that is possible. I always liked that the FFF had that feature.
Smell Every Flower

User avatar
Chester
Site Admin
Posts: 9100
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:37 pm

Re: Questions? Comments? Problems? Post them here

Postby Chester » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:31 pm

Kevin wrote:We need a "thank you" tab if that is possible. I always liked that the FFF had that feature.


That is going to be one of the first things I will try to add.
I notice it missing too. ;)
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
Don't make no difference to me.

User avatar
the highway terror
Posts: 3803
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:32 am
Location: Coshocton OhighO

Re: Questions? Comments? Problems? Post them here

Postby the highway terror » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:36 pm

lets bring back the Karma Points !

Certain Zoners can't stand it ! :P

and we owe it to em ! :mrgreen: :jumpeveryone
Last edited by the highway terror on Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world

User avatar
karenrose
Posts: 636
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:10 pm
Location: Buffalo!
Contact:

Re: Questions? Comments? Problems? Post them here

Postby karenrose » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:09 pm

I'm really having trouble with the avatar. I can't seem to resize the file without also resizing the image, so it comes out really small and distorted. I've tried looking up different methods online, but they all do the same thing. I don't get why the file size has to be so small so as not to accept a larger picture? Please excuse my lack of technical knowledge on this. A step-by-step might help? Thanks!
Whatalongstrangetripit'sbeen!

User avatar
Kevin
Posts: 1237
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:37 pm
Location: Northeast PA Enjoy, Enjoy !!!

Re: Questions? Comments? Problems? Post them here

Postby Kevin » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:06 pm

karenrose wrote:I'm really having trouble with the avatar. I can't seem to resize the file without also resizing the image, so it comes out really small and distorted. I've tried looking up different methods online, but they all do the same thing. I don't get why the file size has to be so small so as not to accept a larger picture? Please excuse my lack of technical knowledge on this. A step-by-step might help? Thanks!


I am having the same problem. Any suggestions are appreciated. ;)
Smell Every Flower

User avatar
Chester
Site Admin
Posts: 9100
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:37 pm

Re: Questions? Comments? Problems? Post them here

Postby Chester » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:12 pm

Kevin wrote:
karenrose wrote:I'm really having trouble with the avatar. I can't seem to resize the file without also resizing the image, so it comes out really small and distorted. I've tried looking up different methods online, but they all do the same thing. I don't get why the file size has to be so small so as not to accept a larger picture? Please excuse my lack of technical knowledge on this. A step-by-step might help? Thanks!


I am having the same problem. Any suggestions are appreciated. ;)



I was able to help Karenrose post an avatar. I increased the allowable file size.
Give it another try. Let me know how it goes.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
Don't make no difference to me.

stellarbrews
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:36 pm

Re: Questions? Comments? Problems? Post them here

Postby stellarbrews » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:22 pm

I figured out how to upload a photo direct from the computer (in the area at the bottom of the reply screen).

But how do you upload from photobucket? I couldn't work that out.

Thanks in advance!

User avatar
Chester
Site Admin
Posts: 9100
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:37 pm

Re: Questions? Comments? Problems? Post them here

Postby Chester » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:14 pm

It's fairly straight forward to upload a photo from Photobucket.
After saving, virtually any picture, to your hard drive, ("your pictures"),
go into your library on Photobucket, put the cursor over the picture you want to post,
and you'll see a little "gear" in the top right appear. When you put the cursor on that gear,
you'll see a little drop window appear. Click "Share links". Another window opens,
with several selections. Copy the "Direct" link, on the right side. That's the image "URL".
Now on the Terrapin Nation board, open the reply box, click the box that says "img",
paste the image "URL", in between the two boxes, and click "Submit.
That should do it.

Here's an example of a photo I found on the internet, and saved to my pictures. :ugeek:

Image

For those that haven't tried Photobucket, give it a try.
It's free to use at the basic level. And I set mine to private.
That means no one can see your photos unless you want them to.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
Don't make no difference to me.

User avatar
Chester
Site Admin
Posts: 9100
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:37 pm

Re: Questions? Comments? Problems? Post them here

Postby Chester » Sun May 31, 2015 8:12 pm

We are experiencing some technical issues.
If you are experiencing login issues, please send an email to
webmaster@terrapinnation.net
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
Don't make no difference to me.


Return to “Welcome To Terrapin Nation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest