Good Bye, Chester, Rest In Peace

Our memories will not fade away
AaronK

Re: Good Bye, Chester, Rest In Peace

Postby AaronK » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:01 pm

I've been away for a while, and only just logging on.
I was just getting to know you, Chester. Fond wishes on the next leg of your journey.

AmusingDeva

Postby AmusingDeva » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:13 pm

I just decided to screw the budget and go to Phil in Vegas. The first person I wanted to tell was Chester and see if he'd be there. ♥

Scar1et_F1re

Postby Scar1et_F1re » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:30 am

I can't come down, it's plain to see....
I can't come down, I've been set free.

Thinking about you my brother, lots of good memories. I'm planning on wearing the shirt you bought me years ago to welcome in this New Year.

Sending much love your way my friend. I am very grateful our paths have crossed.

Enjoy your first New Years up in heaven.

We love and miss you more than words can tell. :bigheart
May the four winds blow you safely home!!!
LOVE IS REAL NFA ♡ <3 ♡
May you stay, forever young <3 ♡ <3

SunshineSue

Postby SunshineSue » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:37 pm

You were supposed to be driving the bus tonight, our fearless New Year's leader. I miss you more than ever today!!!! :bigheart :cry:

Kevman

Postby Kevman » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:33 pm

Just logged on tonight to get in on the discussion of the NYE show. After the run of shows in November I hadn't been on the site hardly at all. Shocked to learn about Chester, so very sad. I mostly lurk but join in sporadically, and when I did Chester often welcomed me to the conversation, which was much appreciated. Thanks to all who shared memories, especially Sue and Em. And to Zipster for all his help. Peace.

CountingStars

Postby CountingStars » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:14 pm

Chester, I miss you so very much. I am having such a hard time adjusting to your not being here. I know that you would be proud of all the love and caring everyone has shown. I had a great time New Year's, with friends that you know from FOJC. Your love is everywhere. I think that my tears during Brokedown Palace helped me along the healing process.

:bigheart

GWeasley

Postby GWeasley » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:02 pm

Hey everyone!

My name's Gary T. Wheat (not to be confused with Gary J. Wheat, my dear father) and Bruce (Chester) was my uncle. He was family and I loved him. Regrettably, though, I knew very little about him, his lifestyle, his friends, or his interests. For as long as I can remember I only got to see him once or twice a year, even though we lived within 15 miles of one another.

Becoming aware of this community and seeing the incredible outpouring of love and support has been truly inspiring. The photographs and memories you've all shared are so strikingly similar to the experiences that I've had with my friends travelling to shows and music festivals throughout my twenties (I just turned 30 in August). I wish I could have made the connection sooner, and found some way to share even a small piece of this with him before he passed.

A number of you tuned in to watch the live stream of the funeral. We had some technical difficulties towards the beginning, but hopefully you guys were able to see and hear some of the great memories that were being shared on that day. I wanted to share with you all the video memorial that was being displayed on the screen at the church, since it was mostly YOUR photographs (that I pulled from this very message board) that were used to create it:

phpBB [video]

Thank you all for your love and support. Knowing that he had such an amazing group of friends in his life is an invaluable gift to me and my family.

Cheers,

Gary T. Wheat

Emvibe

Postby Emvibe » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:58 pm

Beautiful tribute Gary!! Thanks for sharing and joining us here at Terrapin Nation!

And thank you for the live stream of the memorial service. It was very special to be able to be there in spirit and hear the tributes to Bruce.

I miss him so much!
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own

SunshineSue

Postby SunshineSue » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:18 pm

Hi Gary, I'm so glad to have you here at Terrapin Nation!! :welcomewave

Thank you very much for the video, and for streaming the service! I can't even big to tell you how much it meant to me to be able to be at the service virtually. There's a thread a page or two back that those of us online were using during the service, your stream was appreciated by all of us. It's such a painful time, but being together "at" the service was very comforting. I loved your Uncle like a brother, and miss him terribly. I really wish you two had been able to spend some time at shows together, I know you would have had fun! And if you're ever at a Dead show, there's a whole community here that would love to meet you and tell you stories!

Thank you again for the incredibly beautiful video, it brought back so many great memories. And the family shots of young Bruce are absolutely priceless!! I'm going to go watch it again now. I just need a couple more tissues. :D :cry: :D :bigheart

Equinox

Postby Equinox » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:02 pm

What a wonderful video!
"Got any nails?"

"No!"

"Got any flies?"

Return to “With Us In Spirit”