The Okay, who likes Metal ? Thread.

Topics related to the world of music outside the sphere of the Grateful Dead
the highway terror

Re: The Okay, who likes Metal ? Thread.

Postby the highway terror » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:56 am

Metazz is Classic Metal Album Covers Redesigned as Jazz Covers

Some of the Art work fits surprisingly well and would make great art work for boot cd covers.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/2217274 ... Redesigned
wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world

funky420

Postby funky420 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:59 pm

For those who like RATM. RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE [2.8.1992] Claremont, CA: http://youtu.be/xk02MEkXYwU

the highway terror

Postby the highway terror » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:55 am

Malcolm Young was treated for lung cancer and was fitted with a pacemaker before his dementia diagnosis!

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news...ad-lung-cancer

the highway terror

Postby the highway terror » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:52 am

As the new year gets under way, the musical event of 2015 is slated to take place next Wednesday, January 21st at the House of Blues in Anaheim.

Metal Allegiance will be bringing their musical crusade stateside after its critically acclaimed debut on the inaugural voyage of Motörhead’s Motörboat. Joining the already impressive lineup of musicians is Pantera/Kill Devil Hill bassist Rex Brown and Slayer/Exodus guitarist Gary Holt

The complete lineup for Metal Allegiance is Frank Bello (Anthrax), Charlie Benante (Anthrax), Chuck Billy (Testament), Chris Broderick (Ex-Megadeth), Rex Brown (Pantera/Kill Devil Hill), David Ellefson (Megadeth), Gary Holt (Slayer/Exodus), Scott Ian (Anthrax), Andreas Kisser (Sepultura), Mark Osegueda (Death Angel), Mike Portnoy (The Winery Dogs), Troy Sanders (Mastodon), Alex Skolnick (Testament) and John Tempesta (The Cult).

The show will stream live around the globe on the website of acclaimed instrument retailer The Music Zoo at this location.http://metalallegiance.themusiczoo.com/
Sirius/XM DJ and musical personality Jose Mangin will host the evening’s festivities.

“What better way to kick the new year in the fucking ass than with a Metal Allegiance show? House of Blues in Anaheim barely survived the last time! GET IT LOUD AND TEAR IT DOWN!!!” exclaims Pantera/Kill Devil Hill bassist Rex Brown. “If you can’t get your ass out to Anaheim, get it in front of a computer and head over to The Music Zoo’s website to watch it all go down.”

Promising to be a show that is not to be missed, Metal Allegiance will be performing selections from some of rock and metal music’s most notable names. Fans can expect songs from the likes of Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kiss and Sepultura as just a small example of what these musical masters will annihilate at the show. There will also be a special segment of the show dedicated to the seminal debut album by Van Halen.

“It's a great privilege to be a part of the Metal Allegiance celebration and an honor to share the stage with my idols which I can call friends today! I’m so happy and excited to play with them and I’m sure it will be an unforgettable night!,” exclaims Sepultura guitarist Andreas Kisser. “It’s awesome to represent the South American metal among all those legends! Thank you MA for the invitation, see you all at the House of Blues stage!”

“I’m fired up to participate in Metal Allegiance at the Anaheim House Of Blues on January 21st. Always awesome to jam with so many musicians I know and admire as well as some I've never had the chance to jam with before despite having known some for ages. Almost time to rage!!!" adds Slayer/Exodus guitarist Gary Holt.

First time performer with Metal Allegiance, Mastodon bassist and vocalist Troy Sanders adds, “Holy Shit! I’ve been invited to the All-Star Game.”

Kicking off the night will be Scott Ian – Speaking Words, the successful spoken word event which Ian recounts stories from throughout his legendary career. Ian recently released his autobiography I’m The Man: The Story Of That Guy From Anthrax and has been performing these spoken word events around the globe in support of that release.

Tickets for Metal Allegiance are $29.50 in advance/$32.50 day of show and are on sale now. Tickets can be purchased via Ticketmaster or at the House Of Blues Anaheim box office.

the highway terror

Postby the highway terror » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:02 am

here's a few videos from the Skull, Their drummer just left and they're looking for a replacement
their latest album "for those which are asleep" was one of my favorite heavy releases last year.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/origin ... the-skull/

the highway terror

Postby the highway terror » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:54 am

http://bravewords.com/news/metal-allegi ... eaming-now

Follow the link to watch a full show video of Metal Alliance, a Metal Supergroup featuring Troy Sanders, Scott Ian, Frank Bello, Charlie Benante Mark Osegueda, Alex Skolnick, David Ellefson Gary Holt, Andreas Kisser, Mike Portnoy, Steve "Zetro Souza Chris Broderick Chuck Billy, John Tempesta and Jimmy Bain

setlist

1 -"March Of The SOD" (Stormtroopers Of Death)
[Troy Sanders, Scott Ian, Frank Bello, Charlie Benante]

2 - "Sargent D And The S.O.D." (Stormtroopers Of Death)
[Troy Sanders, Scott Ian, Frank Bello, Charlie Benante]

3 - "Freddie Krueger" (Stormtroopers Of Death)
[Troy Sanders, Scott Ian, Franl Bello,Charlie Benante]

4 - "Rapid Fire" (Judas Priest)
[Mark Osegueda, Alex Skolnick, Scott Ian, David Ellefson, Charlie Benante]

5 - "Victim Of Changes" (Judas Priest)
[Mark Osegueda, Alex Skolnick, Scott Ian, David Ellefson, Charlie Benante]

6 - "Fast As A Shark" (Accept)
[Mark Osegueda, Gary Holt, Andreas Kisser, David Ellefson, Mike Portnoy, Steve "Zetro Souza]

7 - "Balls To The Wall" (Accept)
[Mark Osegueda, Gary Holt, Andreas Kisser, David Ellefson, Mike Portnoy]

8 - "Into The Void" (Black Sabbath)
[Mark Osegueda, Andreas Kisser, Frank Bello,Charlie Benante]

9 - "Heaven And Hell" (Black Sabbath)
[Mark Osegueda, Andreas Kisser, David Ellefson, Chris Broderick, Mike Portnoy]

10 - "Dairy Of A Madman" (Ozzy Osbourne)
[Mark Osegueda, Alex Skolnick, Chris Broderick, Frank Bello, Mark Portony]

11 - "Cold Sweat" (Thin Lizzy)
[Chuck Billy, Chris Broderick, David Ellefson, John Tempesta]

12 - "Lights Out" (UFO)
[Chuck Billy, Chris Broderick, Rex Brown, John Tempesta]

13 - "Stargazer" (Rainbow)
[Mark Osegueda, Gary Holt, Andreas Kisser, David Ellefson, John Tempesta, Jimmy Bain]

14 - "Kill The King" (Rainbow)
[Mark Osegueda, Gary Holt, Andreas Kisser, David Ellefson, John Tempesta, Jimmy Bain]

15 - "Piranha" (Exodus)
[Steve "Zetro" Souza, Gary Holt, Andreas Kisser, Frank Bello, Charlie Benante]

Second Set

16 - "Attitude" (Sepultura)
[Chuck Billy, Andreas Kisser, Scott Ian, Frank Bello, Charlie Benante]

17 - "Refuse/Resist" (Sepultura)
[Chuck Billy, Andreas Kisser, Scott Ian, Frank Bello, Charlie Benante, Mike Portnoy]

18 - "Territory" (Sepultura)
[Chuck Billy, Andreas Kisser, David Ellefson, Scott Ian, Mike Portnoy]

19 - "Murders In The Rue Morgue" (Iron Maiden)
[Mark Osegueda, Chris Broderick, Scott Ian, Frank Bello, Charlie Benante]

20 - "Revelations" (Iron Maiden)
[Mark Osegueda, Alex Skolnick, Chris Broderick, Frank Bello, Charlie Benante]

21 - "Runnin' With The Devil" (Van Halen)
[Troy Sanders, Alex Skolnick, David Ellefson, Mike Portnoy, Kyle Sanders]

22 - "Eruption" (Van Halen)
[Alex Skolnick, David Ellefson, Mike Portnoy]

23 - "You Really Got Me" (Van Halen)
[Troy Sanders, Alex Skolnick, David Ellefson, Mike Portnoy, Kyle Sanders]

24 - "Atomic Punk" (Van Halen)
[Troy Sanders, Alex Skolnick, Mike Portnoy, Kyle Sanders]

All Metal Allegiance On Stage

25 - "Cold Gin" / "Makin' Love" medley (KISS)

26 - "I Love It Loud" (KISS)

27 - "Highway To Hell" (AC/DC)

the highway terror

Postby the highway terror » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:59 pm

As part of the continued year long celebration for Relapse Records 25th anniversary, today the label has released a free 180+ song sampler spanning the label's entire history.

The sampler features one track from almost every artist that has ever released an EP or full-length with the label since 1990 including Mastodon, Neurosis, Obituary, Red Fang, Death, Dying Fetus, Necrophagist, Suffocation, Baroness, Dillinger Escape Plan, High on Fire, Torche, Pig Destroyer and many more. The sampler can be streamed and downloaded at this location.

http://bravewords.com/news/mastodon-exh ... eaming-now

the highway terror

Postby the highway terror » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:39 pm

phpBB [video]

Here's an hour long vid from Uli Roth's recent appearance in San Jose at the Rockbar.

Roth replaced Michael Schenker in the Scorpions back in the 70's and has had a very successful solo career over in Europe for many years.

He's a great guitarist and has a style that mixes a bluesy Hendrix style with Neo-classical metal-- enjoy ! :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon

Denver Man

Postby Denver Man » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:52 pm

I saw the Scorpions several times in the 80's and 90's .. one of my all time favorite hair bands
I went walking out last summer
Trying to find a breath of air
I went walking on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there

Equinox

Postby Equinox » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:10 pm

A heads up for anyone who likes That Metal Show on VH1. The guest tomorrow is Geddy Lee. I don't think he does too many shows like this.
"Got any nails?"

"No!"

"Got any flies?"

Return to “Music Talk”