Island Exodus 9

Topics related to the world of music outside the sphere of the Grateful Dead
SunshineSue

Island Exodus 9

Postby SunshineSue » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:21 am

Gov't Mule has announced their Island Exodus run in Jamaica for 2018! It runs January 13-17, with special guests JJ Grey & Mofro, Audley Freed (ABB guitarist) and Ron Holloway. There will also be a TBA guest band pre-run on the 12th and electric Hot Tuna for an additional night afterwards on the 17th. Should be another great party, and with Audley there, I'm guessing a big focus on ABB tunes as well as on songs from Mule's new album, Revolution Come, Revolution Go, which is fantastic. :guitarred

On-sale dates are staggered, starting 7/6 for those attending last year, and general on-sale starting 7/10. Be aware that it does sell out on the first general sale day, but if a lot of waiting list people do end up getting rooms. Tone Weaver and I will be making our 3rd trek down there and we can't recommend it enough if you're looking for great music, food, drinks and herb on the beach without crowds!! :dance

https://www.islandexodus.com/

SunshineSue

Re: Island Exodus 9

Postby SunshineSue » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:29 pm

The Island Gigs folks just announced the final band for this year's run, and I'm very pleased! It's a new group with old favorites in it, California Kind. Basically it's the David Nelson Band without David. So I get to see Barraco, even though we're not doing Jam in the Sand until next year and probably not going to the DSO RR run. Come on, January!! :jumpclap

From the IG folks:

California Kind, a new band consisting of longtime Warren Haynes friends and collaborators John Molo, Rob Barraco, Barry Sless & Pete Sears along with singer/guitarist Katie Skene, will be joining the party! The band will be performing on Exodus Eve Friday, January 12th, as well as an additional daytime set during the event.

Return to “Music Talk”