Gov't Mule's Island Exodus 10th Anniversary

Topics related to the world of music outside the sphere of the Grateful Dead
SunshineSue

Gov't Mule's Island Exodus 10th Anniversary

Post by SunshineSue » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Gov't Mule's Island Exodus 2019, the 10th of these events, has finally been announced! It's going to be January 20-24, 2019 back at the wonderful Paradise Cove Resort in Runaway Bay, a little over an hour from the Montego Bay Airport. Joining Mule this year will be the Marcus King Band, who played there 2 years ago and are spectacular, as well as Lukas Nelson and his band, who've I've only seen on streams but always like a big bunch. Needless to say, Tone Weaver and I will be heading back down for the 4th time. I really can't recommend the Island Gigs events enough, they are truly heaven if you like music on the beach and are looking to splurge a bit on a winter vacation. They just do it right, everything is easy, relaxed and friendly, I can't wait to get back down there!!

Also, the DSO Jam in the Sand will be right before this one, though hasn't been officially announced yet, and we're going to head down for that as well. It would be great to see some other TN folks down there. Let me know if you have any questions, I could talk about these trips all day! :dance

Here's the info from Gov't Mule:

It is with great pleasure that we announce the 10th Anniversary of Gov't Mule's Island Exodus returning to the Jewel Paradise Cove Resort in Runaway Bay, Jamaica for four all-inclusive music-filled days and nights from January 20-24, 2019.

Island Exodus 10 will feature more music than ever before, including special, intimate, one-of-a-kind performances and an increased number of interactive activities involving many of the musicians on hand.

Gov't Mule will play three two-set shows. Warren Haynes will perform an afternoon "storytellers" set where he’ll perform, answer questions and give some backstory to some of his favorite songs. For this supersized tenth edition, we're thrilled to have not one, but two amazing bands joining in the fun.

Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real and The Marcus King Band will each be on hand performing multiple sets. Ron Holloway will be returning not only as a special guest musician, but also along with MKB's Dean Mitchell, performing as "Sax On The Beach."

We are thrilled to be returning to Jamaica for our 10th time and plan on making it extra special for all of you coming with us. Last year's attendees can reserve their rooms starting next Wednesday, June 13 at 10a EDT with all other previous attendees gaining access Thursday, June 14 at 10a EDT and the general on-sale Monday, June 18 at 10a EDT at IslandExodus.com.

MAINSTAGE MUSIC
GOV’T MULE (3 2-Set Shows)
WARREN HAYNES ("Storytellers" Set)
THE MARCUS KING BAND (2 Sets)
LUKAS NELSON & PROMISE OF THE REAL (3 Sets)

ADDITIONAL MUSIC
The Marcus King Band presents: "The MKBeach Sessions"
The Marcus King Band presents: "The MKBonfire Sessions"
Matt Abts Drum Clinic
"Sax On The Beach" with Ron Holloway & Dean Mitchell
+ more to be announced shortly

PLUS

Artist Poster Signing with Gov't Mule and Special Guest Artists
Danny Louis' Golf Outing
+ more

Kevin

Re: Gov't Mule's Island Exodus 10th Anniversary

Post by Kevin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:54 pm

This looks SOOOOO appealing. I'm guessing in the 3K pp range for such an extravaganza? Jah Mon :smokesmile

:bears2 :terrapinnation! :beer_cheer :smileys-passing-joint
Smell Every Flower

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:44 pm

Kevin wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:54 pm
This looks SOOOOO appealing. I'm guessing in the 3K pp range for such an extravaganza? Jah Mon :smokesmile

:bears2 :terrapinnation! :beer_cheer :smileys-passing-joint
It's paradise! And it's a better value than a lot of other, larger resort shows in Mexico and the DR. A pool room was $1999/person, 4 nights, all-inclusive (shows, food, drinks, airport transfers, boat snorkeling). Definitely still a splurge vacation, but one well worth taking, imho. :sunshine

Just booked our flights and I'm ready to leave now!!! :jumpeveryone

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:01 pm

Tempting as all get out, let me see how Mrs Kevin feels about it :) :listen :woo :leafsmile
Smell Every Flower

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:03 pm

We went to Aruba a month ago and she loved snorkeling so that’s a great selling point :dance :sunshine
Smell Every Flower

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:12 pm

Kevin wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:03 pm
We went to Aruba a month ago and she loved snorkeling so that’s a great selling point :dance :sunshine
Mule sold out, but there's still room at DSO's Jam in the Sand, I do believe! We're doing both this year. Come on down, the water's fine!! :D